Welcome to my Winter 2013 Newsletter. We’re all looking forward to the publication of the newest historical, Destiny’s Embrace on Jan 29, 2013, so get those pre-orders in. This new three book series set in 1880s California, introduces ranch owner Alanza Yates and her three sons: Logan, Andrew and Noah. Destiny’s Embrace is the story of Logan and his housekeeper Mariah. The second book Destiny’s Surrender, also scheduled for a 2013 publication centers on middle brother Andrew and his very non-traditional heroine Whilemina (Billie) Wells. Yes, there will be two historicals for 2013! The third in the series - Noah’s book will follow in 2014.
I’ll soon begin writing Blessings 5 – Zoey’s book. Publication is set for February 2014.
2012 was a great year for me. I traveled from Syracuse University and Buffalo NY, to Dallas/Ft. Worth and a bunch of places in between. I signed books, gave talks, and visited and Skped with book clubs. Looking forward to more of the same for 2013.
I’ve also established a wonderful online FB community where we have BJ Book club meetings to discuss my books and generally have a great time. if you have not joined me there, please consider this your invitation. We have a ball.
My biggest moment was having A Wish and A Prayer nominated for an NAACP Image Award. The results will be announced in February.
My 2013 Tour dates
(Please see the individual websites for more info, and I’ll post details as each date approaches.)
- Jan 19th. Writing workshop held at the Fred C Fisher Library in Belleville Mi. 10Am – 430pm.
- Feb 16th Savannah Book Fair. Savannah Ga. Talk, book sale and signing.
- Feb 23rd. Howard University Book Store 10am – noon
- Feb 23rd Reginald Lewis Museum. Baltimore MD. Book signing. 1 - 3pm
- March 16th – Fundraiser Luncheon. Charleston Chapter of Chums, Inc. Noon @ the Charleston Club, 100 West Hill Blvd., Charleston AFB, SC. Deadline for ticket purchase is February 15th Contact person: Elise Davis McFarland. 843-577-4889. Tickets: Children-$25.00 & Adults-$35.00.
- April 13th. U of Central Florida (Orlando) Book Fair
- May 4th. Kansas City - Romantic Times National Convention Public Book signing.
- July 17th. Atlanta. RWA National Convention – Public Book signing for Literacy. Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- Sept 7th. Aurora IL. Public Library.
- Oct 18 – 19th. Bay Area California
When you come to see me please bring all the books you want signed. All means ALL! If you can buy them, I can sign them.
Until next time,